Pages

Thursday 1 May 2014

PROCRASTINATION

I'm going to write a villanelle today.
It isn't easy - it will take some time.
Tomorrow would be better anyway -

because today I'll have to clear the way
and tidy up the desk and clean the grime.
I'm not going to write a villanelle today.

I've got to water plants, I've bills to pay -
so much to do there isn't time to rhyme.
Tomorrow would be better anyway.

I'm not being realistic when I say
as there's so much to do in the meantime,
'I'm going to write a villanelle today'.

Today I've so much work - I cannot play.
To waste my time like that would be a crime -
tomorrow would be better anyway.

And wasn't it a silly thing to say
with optomistic fantasy sublime,
'I'm going to write a villanelle today'?
Tomorrow would be better anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment