Pages

Monday 9 September 2013

How long is a piece of string?

It was a blind date and I met this young man. He was long and narrow. I liked his hands - his fingers were long and slender with knot-like knuckles. But he didn't play the piano (I asked him).

He must have been six foot five: he looked like a long piece of string with knots in.

His face was long and narrow, but the main thing I noticed was that his eyes were too close together. I never trust people with eyes too close together. His eyes were so close together that they almost looked crossed. I didn't believe he could see properly to each side of him because of his long thin nose which protruded between them like a knobbly blade.

His eyebrows were each barely an inch long - there was no room for more in his long, narrow face. They scurried around like two little black caterpillars on his knobbly forehead.

He didn't say much, was very polite and respectful, but I didn't trust him because of his close-together eyes.

Sixty years later, my husband still looks like a long piece of knotted string.

No comments:

Post a Comment